Social media is a powerful tool for businesses of any size to reach potential customers and strengthen relationships with current customers.
Social media is where people go to research brands and interact with brands. Using social platforms like Facebook can also increase leads and drive sales.
Here at Torx, we love social media! I mean, who doesn’t love waking up every morning and seeing the newest social media craze. (Cough, cough – milkcrate challenge – cough, cough. Don’t worry; none of us have tried that…yet.)
We want to share our wealth of social media knowledge with you. If you’re looking for tips and tricks on how to create and run excellent business social media platforms, look no further.
Below, we’ve compiled a list of Facebook best practices for business. Check out our previous blog post about Instagram Marketing Do’s and Don’ts here.
Facebook Best Practices
- Profile images should be 170 x 170 pixels
- Cover images should be 851 x 315 pixels for desktop and 640 x 360 pixels for mobile
- Create a captivating profile! Be sure to include a robust About section detailing who you are, what you do, who you serve, where you serve, your mission, story, history, and your why. Also include your phone number, email, and physical address where applicable along with your website URL.
- Post to Facebook at least five times a week. Post on days and during times your audience is most online (you can use Insights to figure this out).
- Content should include a mixture of videos, infographics, memes, static text, links, images, polls, questions, discussion topics, industry news, and user-generated content.
- As far as messaging for posts, publish personal anecdotes, success stories, meaningful tips, guides, resources, and Q & A sessions addressing pain points for potential customers.
- Take advantage of Stories, which is now a Facebook staple. Stories allow you to publish short-form videos that put your brand in front of your followers’ news feeds, bypassing the Facebook algorithm. You can add text, music, polls, and more to generate more engagement.
- Post more videos on your feed. Video is among the top-performing content on Facebook. People gaze five times longer at video than at static posts on Facebook. The average engagement rate for Facebook video posts is 6.01%. You can use Facebook Live or create short-form tips and tutorials. Be sure to include captions because most people view videos with the sound off.
- Always reply to comments, messages, and questions in a timely manner. Engage with your customers and start and keep those conversations going!
- Use Insights to see when your audience is online as well as to see what type of content performs the best so you can replicate that in the future. You can also use Insights to see who your audience is, monitor post reach, likes, page views, and create reports. See what’s working and what’s not and tweak accordingly!
- Stick to a consistent posting schedule. We suggest creating a content calendar that details all the content you will be posting during a given month. This allows you to plan ahead and schedule content in advance so you can focus on engaging with your audience. With a content calendar, you’ll never have to just whip something up to post. You’ll always have a thoughtful guide.
- Try out paid promotion. Using Ads Manager, you can create targeted ads to better reach your ideal customers. Boosted posts are good to get a lot of eyeballs on one post in a short amount of time (if you have a product launch coming up or an event). However, the algorithm won’t put the post in front of people who are likely to click through to your website or take action – that is achieved in Ads Manager.
- Some tools to help you along the way:
Build Your Social Media Strategy
These Facebook best practices and tips will help you develop your Facebook account into a robust page where people can go to for information, to research, to interact with other customers, and to show their love for your products and services.
If you have any questions or need help with your social media strategy, we would love to chat! Get in touch with us today by calling us or filling out the form below!
And be sure to check back later – we will also cover Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest best practices!