While some websites are very simple – having just enough information to enable visitors to learn more and make contact – other websites may have a need for more advanced website development. Dynamic content and interactive elements within a website often require the use of a database. Databases store various pieces of information that are presented to website visitors based on what actions they take while browsing the site.
For example, one of the most common uses of a database is to store “Upcoming Events” or “News” for your customers to view. This information is saved in a database so that it can be easily updated – either by a web developer, or even by a non-technical individual via an easy-to-use content management system (CMS).
The Sky Is The Limit
The sky is the limit when designing and building advanced website development and databases. Here are just a few (of the many, many) examples of what is possible:
- Shopping carts and eCommerce solutions
- Save (and retrieve) customer information
- Track sales, save user logs, and run reports
- Photo galleries and thumbnail images of products
- Custom user forums and social media experiences
- Integration with third-party APIs such as Google Maps
Torx has extensive experience in creating custom web apps and custom database solutions to handle almost any project for businesses of any size. We work closely with all of our clients to determine what programming is required for business objectives, as well as the most time and cost-effective methods for implementing these dynamic items.
Questions about website development? We’d love to help. Give us a call at 804-577-8679 or click below to contact us.
3 Examples of Highly-Customized Website Development Projects
- For BlueOceanBrain.com, we designed and developed a completely customized online casual gaming experience. Every part of BlueOceanBrain.com – from user accounts, to tracking game scores, to earning achievements, to competing with other users – was constructed without having to rely on an off-the-shelf content management system. This project’s requirements were so unique, that using a pre-made CMS would have been the wrong tool for the job.
- Video content has become increasingly popular over the past few years. A perfect example of this is RecruitingSportsNet.com. For this project, we developed a system that enables high school athletes to upload highlight videos, which would then be viewed and downloaded by interested college coaches. All uploaded videos are automatically converted to web-friendly formats, and the custom search functionality enables students and coaches to quickly connect with each other.
- One of our earlier projects from back in the day, RayAWmsHomes.com, had a very unique set of requirements, resulting in the creation of a highly-customized content management system. We designed and developed a very easy-to-use CMS that enables this Richmond-based custom home builder to manage their collection of home styles. They have the ability to specify home features (e.g. number of stories, bedrooms, bathrooms, etc.), upload photos, upload floor plans, and manage other pieces of web content as well.
Questions about web development? We’d love to help. Give us a call at 804-577-8679 or fill out the form below to contact us.