Search engine marketing is an ongoing, ever-changing cat-and-mouse game that relates to getting your website and your business listed as high as possible in search engine results pages. Many factors come into play: keywords and phrases used on your website (or in your pay-per-click advertisements), what your competitors are doing, as well as the size of your marketing budget.
Search engine marketing is usually broken down into (1) search engine optimization and (2) pay-per-click advertising. More often than not, we recommend using a combination of both of these options, to give your business as many opportunities as possible, to be found by your customers when they perform searches on Google, Yahoo, and Bing.
Search Engine Optimization
Most search engines, over time, visit your website with their “spiders”. Spiders are automated computer programs that collect data from your site. The data that is collected is used by the search engines to determine your “ranking” when someone searches for keywords associated with your business.
Many variables are used by search engines in determining where your website listing appears on search engine results pages. Criteria such as relevance, keyword matches, website copy, and inbound links all play a part. It is usually very valuable for your business to be listed highly in organic search engine results, but it takes a lot of time and planning to get a prominent organic ranking.
There are programmatic methods for improving search engine rankings, and there are ongoing link-building and keyword-related initiatives involved with SEO as well. Torx can design a search engine optimization campaign that takes advantage of all of these ways to drive more traffic to your website.
Your new website has just been launched and you’re excited to know that customers are going to be knocking down your door to purchase your products and services. But how are your customers going to find your website? The Web is a very big place, and it’s quite possible that you’ll have some competition.
How can your business (and your website) stand out from the crowd? Don’t worry about searching for new customers – let your customers FIND YOU by taking advantage of pay-per-click advertising programs such as Google Ads.
The Google Ads program enables advertisers to select keywords that trigger ads to appear when Google users search for those keywords. Each advertiser sets his or her budget and selects a geographic region in which to advertise. Google Ads also includes a wide range of reporting tools to manage your campaigns.
New Google Ads campaigns can be set up and activated in less than one day, as opposed to traditional SEO (search engine optimization) initiatives, which sometimes take several months to see any results. Additionally, because of the various reporting tools available, it is much easier to calculate risk and return on investment with paid advertising.
Torx’s pay-per-click services include keyword research, initial campaign setup with Google Ads, ad copy composition, ongoing campaign and keyword analysis, and monthly reports and statistics.
If you’re interested in learning more about how SEO and PPC advertising can bring more traffic to your site, we’d love to help. Give us a call at 804-577-8679 or click below to contact us.
Benefits of Search Engine Optimization
- Unlike paid campaigns, there is no direct cost involved to get your website listed in organic search results.
- More people tend to click organic search results, rather than obviously paid advertisements. Your website will receive more traffic from these organic clicks.
- After the initial time investment, a successful search engine optimization campaign provides better long-term value than pay-per-click advertising.
Benefits of Pay-Per-Click Advertising
- While organic search engine optimization can sometimes take weeks, if not months, to fully mature, pay-per-click advertising can literally be set up in less than 24 hours.
- It is sometimes difficult for brand new websites to get listed on the first page of Google search results. With PPC advertising, your website can compete with your adversaries from day one.
- The most popular PPC program, Google Ads, provides extremely valuable analytics and reporting tools. These tools enable you to easily measure the effectiveness of your campaigns.
If you’re interested in learning more about how SEO and PPC advertising can bring more traffic to your site, we’d love to help. Give us a call at 804-577-8679 or fill out the form below to contact us.