Want to learn more about our team here at Torx? Here are a few random questions we asked Co-Owner and Director of Development Chris Rhines. Look out for more fun facts about our other team members in the new year.
1. What are your three must-have smartphone apps?
Twitter (for keeping up with what’s happening), Spotify (for listening to my favorite Ace of Base songs), and Tiny Wings (for a quick relaxing game).
2. What is your favorite movie that most millennials have no idea about?
Night of the Comet. Zombies…. in the 80s…. You might need a drink or two before sitting down to watch this one.
3. What is your current Netflix binge?
I don’t really binge-watch anything, but I’m slowly making my way through season 2 of Narcos and season 1 of Luke Cage. Also… bring on season 2 of Stranger Things!
4. Do you believe in aliens?
I believe that extraterrestrial life does exist. A quote from the movie, Contact…. “I’ll tell you one thing about the universe, though. The universe is a pretty big place. It’s bigger than anything anyone has ever dreamed of before. So if it’s just us… seems like an awful waste of space.”
5. What is your spirit animal?
6. Name a Beatles song that doubles as your life philosophy.
“All You Need Is Love”
7. What movie sequel was better than the original?
The Empire Strikes Back. AT-ATs! Yoda! Boba Fett! Cloud City! Lando!
8. When was the first time you got online?
September 1989. I was in 10th grade, and a friend of mine told me all about BBSs (bulletin board systems). So I went out and purchased a 300 baud modem for my Commodore 64, and after connecting to my first BBS, I was immediately obsessed. Then things REALLY changed 5 years later when I first used the Mosaic web browser to access the innerwebs for reals.
9. If you could live anywhere, where would it be.
10. What would you sing at karaoke night?
I got a new life…. You would hardly recognize me, I’m so glad…. How could a person like me care for you…. Why do I bother…. When you’re not the one for me…. Ooooh, is enough, enough….
11. What makes you feel old?
Not keeping up with current popular music. What the heck is a Weeknd?!
12. If you were running for office, what would your campaign slogan be?
It’s a good time for the great taste of McDonald’s!
13. What is your pet peeve in traffic?
Haaaa!!!! WordPress doesn’t have enough database storage for me to truly answer this one!
14. What is the one movie that you can quote the most?
Office Space. Why does it say “paper jam” when there is no paper jam?!
15. What part of pop culture do you wish would just go away?
Anti-intellectualism. Why is it cool to be stupid?!
16. What song do you love to dance to?
Well, I don’t really dance… but I’ve been known to turn the volume up a bit louder whenever Rush’s Tom Sawyer begins.
17. What was the first concert you went to see?
Peter Frampton. 1992. Wilkes-Barre, PA.
18. What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
Growing up, I was known to have eaten deviled ham sandwiches from time to time.
19. What is your all-time favorite movie soundtrack?
Rocky IV. 80% of that movie is a training montage. (That is not a complaint.)
20. What’s the next big thing?
Virtual reality and augmented reality. Video game graphics can only get so good. There needs to be a shift, and virtual and augmented reality are where it’s at. VR and AR are the next evolutionary steps in digital entertainment.
21. What was your most embarrassing hair style?
For a brief time during my college years, I had the same haircut as Zachery Ty Bryan from Home Improvement… by coincidence, NOT on purpose. Those were dark times.
22. How many emails are sitting in your inbox?
One day I will eventually achieve Zero Inbox!
23. What song defines your childhood?
I wouldn’t say this song defines my childhood, but every time I hear A-ha’s “Take On Me,” I am instantly transported back to middle school dances.
24. What’s the best advice you’ve ever received?
Learn how to say “no,” and say it a lot! I’ve learned that possessing the ability to say “no” improves productivity and mental health. Every time you’re able to say “no,” a door opens for something better that you will say “yes” to.
25. Truth or dare?
Nope. I’m too old for that. I’d rather just take a nap. (Hey you…. stay off my lawn!)
If you’re interested in chatting with us about website design and digital marketing, give us a holler at 804-577-8679 or fill out the form below to contact us.
About the author:
Partner, Director of Development
Christopher is the Director of Development and one of the partners at Torx. In addition to keeping Torx's Richmond office firing on all cylinders, he can often be found deep in the trenches, building custom content management systems and WordPress-powered websites. He still remembers how to write Basic computer programs on Apple IIs and Commodore 64s.