We made it! Another year comes closer to an end and Thanksgiving is upon us. Our clients are awesome and we work with some pretty cool people here. In the spirit of this holiday, we thought it would be fun to go around and talk about what each of us is thankful for. Thanks to everyone for another amazing year and Happy Thanksgiving!
1. Donuts. Seriously… show me somebody who ISN’T thankful for donuts. Country Style Doughnuts FTW!!!!!
2. Broadband internet access. As someone who is on the verge of relocating where broadband internet access isn’t a thing, I am currently cherishing my faster-than-DSL speeds.
3. All internet browsers that aren’t IE6. I’d like to pretend that IE6 never existed, but we must remember so that those mistakes never ever, ever happen again in the future.
4. Loving my job. I can’t think of the last time I woke up dreading having to go into the office. Everybody at Torx is awesome!
5. Star Wars. We’re getting a new Star Wars movie in just a few weeks. A. NEW. Star. Wars. Movie. I’m not going to be able to function properly on 12/18.
1. Companies like @Panic and @sublimehq who make incredibly useful and well-designed tools to help us do our jobs.
2. The Internet of Things..specifically my Nest thermostat. What an amazing piece of user-friendly technology.
3. All of our Agency partners. We love the work we do with them and look forward to a prosperous 2016 together!
4. The Walking Dead. I’m thankful for such a well-written and amazingly executed storyline.
5. The amazing music of Above & Beyond and everyone at Anjunabeats. It’s what keeps me energized and focused nearly every day.
1. Legos are pretty freaking cool and I am so happy that they exist. I can spend hours putting together a big set or inventing my own creations.
2. One of my favorite musicians is Deadmau5 and I listen to his music all the time. It is the perfect soundtrack for writing code.
3. Coffee is the fuel of my vocation. I usually go through 2-3 cups a day. My go to brew is cold brewed coffee because it is the fastest to ingest.
4. Video games are where I spend a lot of my free time and World of Warcraft is still my favorite. It has changed a lot over the years but most of my friends in my guild still play.
5. This list would not be complete without adding my wife to it. She makes me so happy and brings me a constant source of inspiration.
1. College basketball season finally starting. VCU Rams basketball is life. VCU, Go Rams Go!!
2. Online shopping, and specifically Cyber Monday deals. This way I don’t have to deal with the craziness that is Black Friday in-store.
3. Flamin Hot Cheetos. They are the most delicious snack on the planet. Hands down. Nothing satisfies a craving like Flamin Hot Cheetos.
4. Master of None, the new show on Netflix. It’s hilarious and discusses relevant and relatable topics for 2015. And it has Aziz Ansari, who is hilarious and is from the same part of India as I am. Go Tamilians!
5. My Snuggie. It’s the perfect cuddling item because you can stay warm but still use your arms if you want. Great for watching Master of None and eating Flamin Hot Cheetos at the same time. I would happily do a Snuggie infomercial if it meant more people learned the magic of the Snuggie.