Selling products and services from your website, these days, is much simpler than you might expect. We have many tools at our disposal that enable us to envision, develop, and fine-tune ecommerce solutions that work best for all of our clients’ business’s needs and goals. It doesn’t matter if you’re selling one product, a few products, or hundreds… even thousands of products – all of our ecommerce platforms are very easy to use. That means that you can focus on running your business, instead of wasting your precious time trying to learn difficult ecommerce software.
Many simple ecommerce websites can be built with off-the-shelf platforms such as WooCommerce, OpenCart, or a plethora of other alternatives. If you only sell a handful of products via your website, there is absolutely no need to reinvent the wheel, so to speak. The most cost effective solution is to implement a ready-made ecommerce platform and then customize the look and feel of your website’s shopping cart pages to match your business’s brand and personality. Almost all off-the-shelf ecommerce solutions can easily connect to the most popular payment gateways, which means you can begin taking orders with much less of a learning curve.
We typically recommend and use WooCommerce for websites that have very basic ecommerce needs. WooCommerce is a terrific plug-in for WordPress websites, and because most of our smaller websites are already using WordPress, implementing WooCommerce is a no-brainer. In addition to managing their websites’ content via WordPress, our clients can also manage all WooCommerce activity via WordPress as well.
For ecommerce websites that are a bit larger, but not quite big enough to warrant completely customized shopping cart programming, we often rely on the OpenCart platform. OpenCart can run alongside WordPress, or it can be implemented into a non-WordPress website as well. It’s fully customizable and has a very large community of developers who seem to endlessly create new plug-ins that extend OpenCart’s already extensive capabilities.
Customized Ecommerce Platforms
Some websites need something a bit more than what off-the-shelf ecommerce platforms can offer. If your website’s shopping cart pages have very specific business requirements, there is a chance that an off-the-shelf platform might not be the right tool for the job. It’s difficult to provide a concrete example of a situation like this, but at an abstract level, your shopping cart might have unique rules and conditions that need to be followed. These rules and conditions might be so unique your business, that a ready-made ecommerce platform simply can’t do what you’re looking for.
The good news though, is that unique ecommerce rules and conditions have never stopped us from being able to create customized ecommerce solutions for our clients. Even if your business has incredibly crazy and complicated ecommerce needs, we certainly have the skill set to create completely customized shopping cart pages and ecommerce functionality for your website. We have extensive user-interface design experience, as well as experience with integrating your ecommerce website with a wide variety of payment gateways.
Are you ready to add ecommerce functionality to your business’s website? We’d love to help. Give us a call at 804-577-8679 or click below to contact us.
5 Benefits of an Easy-To-Use Ecommerce Platform
- All of the ecommerce platforms that we recommend, either off-the-shelf or created from scratch, enable you to have complete control. We build all shopping cart pages, store inventory management, and ecommerce functionality so that you won’t have to rely on any web developers to make updates for you.
- Almost all ecommerce platforms enable us, during the initial development of your website, to completely customize the look and feel of your various shopping cart pages, so that they maintain consistency with your business’s brand and personality.
- With the exception of ongoing costs paid directly to your payment gateway of choice, there are no recurring costs directly associated with the ecommerce platform itself.
- Mobile-friendly ecommerce shopping cart pages ensure that your on-the-go customers aren’t left out in the cold. With more and more customers shopping directly from mobile and tablet devices, we always make sure that our ecommerce solutions are mobile-friendly.
- Sensitive credit card and customer information is never stored anywhere on your website or within your ecommerce platform. This type of data is temporary and only used when processing payments. Because this information is never stored on your website, there is no fear of customer data being compromised.
Are you ready to add ecommerce functionality to your business’s website? We’d love to help. Give us a call at 804-577-8679 or fill out the form below to contact us.